Historic Overlay Districts-Urban Matterz

Historic districts and landmarks are an important asset to a community.  The historic resources "should"/ "are" monitored through local zoning laws designed to protect and preserve these valuable resources.  There are certainly principles behind historic zoning and requirements to be met by design review processes.  My neighborhood has a period of significance beginning in the 1800s through the early 1900s.  We have federal, greek revival, italianate, romanesque, eastlake/queen anne, colonial revival and arts and crafts homes. There are a variety of building materials, building setbacks, porches on some streets such as the downtown areas of second and third street and most yards are open.
Years back many of Lexington's major public, political, legal, military,architectural/design specialists,  financial, cultural educational and religious leaders lived in my neighborhood. It is full of history and I am proud to be a part of such an incredible historic landmark.  Selling Urban real estate involves more than the sale of a household, a commercial building, or investment property.  It is a lifestyle for most, and one in which I am passionate about. If you find yourself wanting to be a part of a real trend, volunteer in your downtown neighborhood where others began the true spirit of urbanism.
  • January 19 2011 - Lexington
  • 0