Profile picture for zuser20140806082338754

Home Inspection?

Hello Everyone. I would like advice if anyone cares to give it. We have made an offer on a house "By Sale By Owner" and the seller has accepted. When we looked at the house the only concern was the external AC condenser. I don't know how to explain it other than it looked pretty ratty. My sister-in-law even recognized it when she was with my wife. So i'm going to get one of the considered to be better home inspectors in the area. My question would you advise to also get a Home Heating & Cooling company to come out and look at the unit or do you think home inspectors do a good enough job by them self? The Home Heating & Cooling company is only going to charge $82. Is it worth the piece of mind or will i be wasting my money?

thanks....
  • August 09 2014 - US
  • 0

Best Answer

$250.000 vs $250,082 Same house but one has had its heating/cooling check by a professional and you know it works great, the other has no inspection and you think it may need some work, which house do you buy? Buck up, the peace of mind is worth $82, the general inspector is not a heating/professional. I hope this helps, remember buying and selling is stressful, having a REALTOR working for you to help with things like this is a good step.

Thanks Brad i didn't know a general inspector was versed enough in AC system. I guess not :) I will definitely take your advice and have a H & C company inspect it.

...