Profile picture for scottmon

Home Value

How can you list comparable houses that are selling at below $300,000? I don't think your formula works or you are intentionally downgrading the value of my home before millions of people who see your site. Please contact me to assure me you are not intentionally devaluing my home on your website. The $1.2 million appraisal is just for sticks and stones, not even including the area or property which is a pretty prestigous area of North Atlanta.  My number is 678 859-7138. Thank you.

October 24 2012 - Marietta

Get an agent to run a Comparative Market Analysis to verify or claim your home and fix the errors on the listing.

February 19 2013
Profile picture for scottmon
Thanks for your post Tom. I know there are limitations on what they are able to do. But if they are not able to perform reasonable comparisons they should not be allowed to post their estimates in front of millions of potential buyers with impunity. It hurts those that would actually do accurate appraisals and it realistically devalues much of the market. Many people actually believe the estimates Zillow gives. It may be good for buyers and agents wanting to stir up sales, but I would imagine there would be a class action suit against these guys by some enterprising lawyer who sees the devaluation they cause the owners of homes to be sold.

I am not sure all of the factors that go into the Zestimate, but I agree they are frequently wrong.  I don't think Zillow is doing anything intentional to devalue your property. They just don't have access to all the information they need to automatically create the estimate.  I know a lot of people think the Zestimate hurts more than it helps.  I am licensed in GA and can pull sold properties in  your area for you, or I can refer you to a specialist in Marietta,  I am assuming Marietta, GA, is that correct?