Home backing up to a detention area?. Resale issues?

Are there resale issues in buying such a home. The lot marked in red is my lot. 

I like this lot because there are no neighbors in the back. But I am now wondering if there might be resale issues. From your experience, do you think such a lot would be hard to resell?

Also, am I likely to see snakes chilling on my lovely covered porch?

• July 26 2014 - Tomball
  • 0

Profile picture for The LaPeer Team
Most people like having no neighbors behind them. Often times there is a walking trail around it for a little added benefit. :) 

Snakes are in Texas. You can't get around that. But you aren't living on the edge of a swamp, so you shouldn't have problems. 

More important than a retention ditch are factors such as the schools, location to major highways (the Grand Parkway is coming through Tomball), subdivision amenities, etc. 

If you want to see how close your home will be to the Grand Parkway, go here and type in the address or a nearby one if yours doesn't show up.

I'd be more worried about mosquitos and all other kind of wildlife than snakes.....but you never know.
Look at every bad situation you can think of.....overlooks a highway, under power lines, next to a school, next to a box store, next to the airport, next to railroad tracks.   People have  built and  bought all those homes.  If this home in not new, someone bought this home before, you're considering it.    Why would resale be an issue?

Best thing, involve your realtor for a better evaluation.....just looking at the picture we don't know what city or neighborhood this is?

I would think that it would be wonderful to have no neighbors behind you.    If it retained water all hot season, then I'd worry about mosquitos

Thanks Hamp. Like I said, it's a detention area. It is grassy and it is supposed to hold water when it rains too much till it evaporates. But most of the time it appears to be dry although I haven't walked through it to be sure. But it looks like dry. Like I have never seen it water logged the few times I have been to the lot. Haven't smelled anything yet. 

This is a newer community. My section is one of the last section to be built. 

Here is another picture:

What is the thingy? A water treatment plant? Does it stink? If not, it looks like a park.

It is interesting that the few undeveloped lots are right there with your red one.

When were all the surrounding homes built? Do they seem to resell?