Home equity loan for foreign national

My wife and I jointly own an investment property in NY which is worth around $750k. We are British/Canadian and living in Canada, but we do have SSNs from when we used to live in NYC.

We have no mortgage on the property, and we would like to take out around 50% of the equity, in order to make another real estate investment in the US.

Are there any lenders who could help us with this? I have spoken to a couple but so far they haven't had a program that would suit our situation. 

Thanks in advance for your advice!
  • October 11 2013 - New York
  • 0

I am a loan officer at HSBC. I can't go into specifics on public forums, but if you would like to discuss some options you may have, please feel free to to contact me through my profile.