Profile picture for randevnl

Home is 2648 sq ft. It has a basement. Several homes on the block have basements. Is a $200,000 home

Several homes on this block have unlisted basements. When they were built around 1955 or so, the basements were never listed in the courthouse. There are at least 3 homes on this block that are between 2100 and 2800 sq. ft. which is twice the listed square footage as the court documents. I know this because I own one of these homes, and I have been in the others.  I believe the basement exclusion was to keep the property taxes down with lower assessed home values when built in the 1950s and 1960s.
  • February 26 2009 - US
  • 0