Profile picture for pnoenorman

Home should sell remodeled for 68 to 88 @ 77% high. What do you think it could sell at "as is"?

Thank you for your expertise, regarding my question earlier. Do you believe that I could sell, as is, for 60,000. Willow has it listed at 89, so that should give the buyer about 10, in returns (I think). Are people that buy houses by this method honest, good or cut throat?
  • April 15 - Norman

It would be best if you got a Market analysis on the property, I do them for people all the time, takes ten minutes, it is always best if a realtor can see your home to give you a better price, but for basics the CMA will work, let me know if you need help.

• April 18

" The zestimates are done throughout the country on the exact same formula."  This statement from an agent is not true, perhaps she needs to speak with Stan Humphries of Zillow's or read the patent information.    As tax assessments vary from state to state and even county to county, Zillow's Zestimate takes these variations into account.

But, a Zestimate is not an appraisal or CMA.  It only knows public data, it doesn't know about remodeling, condition and many other factors.
  • April 16

I will state to not use the Zillow zestimate as a value.  The zestimates are done throughout the country on the exact same formula.  They have personally stated to me that the same applies for Seattle as Atlanta as Dallas.   I have seen where they were 40% off.   

What you need to do is call a professional in your area that deals in both investment and rehab homes. Have them come out and assess the best options for you.  In you area for example tear downs to build new is hot so not renovating may be a good idea. Or your area may be where most people are owner occupants and want move in ready.    You need a good agent to guide you through this process.  

As far as people that buy "as-is" you have good ones and then you have cons.  A good agent will protect you through this process. 
  • April 16

Your question is impossible to answer without an inperson visit to the property.  As it is far away, that isn't happening on my part.

• April 16

Profile picture for pnoenorman
The house should sell remodeled for 68, to 88, at 77% can you give me an idea what it would sell for "as is"?
  • April 16