Profile picture for lostinfremont

Home value

I'm in process of buying a home in Fremont CA. I see that Zestimate for all properties, excep the one I'm buying, is much higher then the one I'm buying and this one does have many upgrades that other similar homes in area do not.

How do I find out if anything is wrong with house. My R.E. agent thinks that zestimates are completely offbase (for this house) and to ignore it. If that's true, how do I get it corrected? My house is Zestimated at at ~610k whereas similar other homes in area are Zestimated at ~$670k so that's a the huge difference.

November 09 2010 - US

Profile picture for lostinfremont
Thanks Jim, though above link lists what counties have accurate prices and what do not. In this case, houses on same street show more $$$ then my house. Why would that be? How do I contact zillow to get this fixed?

Zestimates, like any automated system to value you homes cannot be completely accurate.  Check out this link to see what Zillow has to say about the accuracy of Zestimates.

If your agent is good, they can work up accurate comps that will be much better.