Profile picture for csickler2

House Flipper Looking for a Real Estate Agent

It is so hard to find a real estate agent who wants to do their job. I am looking for an agent who actually wants to work for their comission. I dont want an agent who signs me up on an automated email search expecting me to do their job. If you are not willing to drive to the listings to check them out, before you call me, Im not interested in working with you. The forclosure market is getting very competitive in Kansas city so I need an early riser. Answer to this post if interested.

October 18 2013 - Kansas City

Profile picture for gator70
Negotiate a lower commission and hire marketing help

Like the Dalberth Group, I also have investor clients that I do this for. A few investor clients because most of the people I interview who call themselves investors do not quite qualify. If you are serious and still in need of an agent, you are welcome to call me and set up a consultation to determine if we could work together. 

Just get your license and do it yourself.

The successful 'flippers' in my area are usually a group of three or four aligned real estate pros who each spend 8hrs a day researching and finding homes to flip, then they ALL invest their own money it each property. They all have skin the the game. 

Why would an agent do most of the work only for a commission where a flipper may profit 3-5 times more than the agent?

Team up with an agent who will profit to the same degree you will and youll find some eager agents that way....

Does your real estate broker find you the home, and represent you as the buyer....and then list the house to sell on the other side??

Look for an agent online that has positive reviews, gets back to you in a timely manner and follows through with their word.

You're look for Agent Schlep.  Hope you find him/her.

Too many investors want an agent to do a LOT of work for little money.  Try doing some of the work yourself first -

I have some investor clients for whom I am happy to do exactly what you are asking.  (I am nowhere close to your region, so this is not a solicitation...)  I do this for them because we have built a mutually beneficial relationship over time -- one in which they know that I am working hard for them and I know that, in return, I am not just spinning my wheels on their behalf.

I also receive MANY requests from "investors" who ask me to do work on their behalf -- which I have frequently done -- and, more often than not, I either never hear from them again or discover that they are not in a position to be an "investor".  Why?  Maybe they don't like hearing that "investing" is not simply making unrealistically lowball offers, or that "investing" usually requires capital on the part of the Buyer.

I am not saying that you are unrealistic or don't have capital...  But, unfortunately for you and other legitimate investors, the agents you are attempting to work with have likely had similar experiences.

Accordingly, I would recommend you find an agent with the skillsets that you value and proactively develop a working business relationship with them.  There are many very good and diligent agents out there -- but they won't necessarily be easy to find.

Actually most agents are unwilling to drive to properties and check them out for a buyer.  It creates a tremendous legal liability.  If you are relying on the real estate agents asssessment to determine which propety to buy, I'd say they won't do it.

Agents don't make enough on foreclosures to rise early and pound the pavement with the hope of getting paid.

Beginning in January the flipper market will be greatly reigned in.  If you sell for greater than 20% of your purchase price you have to hold 6 months.  FHA requirements are changing.

Look at the agents represented on Zillow, their reviews and past sales. That should really help