Profile picture for Bethany Custom Built

House Information vs Estimate

I recently looked up and claimed my house on Zillow.  After reviewing the data I found that many options and information about the house were incorrect and/or incomplete which I believe impacts the estimate.  I made the changes but how or will Zillow change the value on the home?   It seems that realtors pull the data from Zillow and it is unfair that I should be penalized for incorrect data.

November 07 2012 - Prince Frederick

2001bethany -

Updates to your home facts will be factored into your home's Zestimate, but, if the updates are not significant enough to impact the home's value, your Zestimate may not change. In some cases, the altered data will affect the estimates slowly over about a two-month time period.  You will not see the full impact of the revision during the next estimate cycle. We refresh Zestimates for all homes three times a week. On rare occasions, this schedule is interrupted by operations associated with algorithmic changes or the deployment of new analytic features.