House for sale

I listed my house for sale in June. I've had three showings and little feedback from the realtor unless I ask. She only calls us back after repeated attempts to contact her. I feel like she just listed the house on the internet and walked away. I sent her new updates and photo's of the property over a month ago. asked her to redo the ad and no response. She is posting all over face book about all the fun she's having this summer with her travels and friends, while we sit here in a panic with worry about money. Now I know the market is slow, and I'm not asking for a miracle here I'm just in need of where she's at with regards to the property and what changes in marketing of the property should be done. What are my options here. I'm feeling like she just doesn't care.

August 07 2013 - Pottstown

Good communication is a must between agent and seller(s).  I suggest that you put together a written list of expectations and document any attempts at communication on your end.  If your expectations are not met, you may want to look elsewhere for representation in selling your home.

Thank you I will follow your advise and my husband has been keeping track of the phone calls made.  I am also under contract until October so I believe getting another realtor is currently out of the question. Am I right here? 

Send her a letter or E-mail with a cc to her  managing broker asking what is up and the request to meet to review expectations.

I hope this post finds you well. 

Usually people like their Realtor to an extent so it is always nice to be able to work out the situation. An effective way of doing so is to call the manager at your Realtor's office if common ground cannot be found in terms of communication between you and your Realtor.

The Standard Pennsylvania Association of Realtor's Listing contracts usually allow for a mutually agreed upon written release of an agent and his/her fiduciary obligation. If your feel this is an inevitability, you should be able to read over the Listing Contract provided to you to discern for this potential. These contracts vary from office to office and there is not a universal response for this specific question.

Most importantly, why are you not getting showings? I really enjoy the Zillow Research to see how various market places are. This should help you communicate with your Realtor in terms of price. http://www.zillow.com/blog/research/ .

Sincerest Regards,

Stephen

House for sale
Profile picture for Stephen Weinstein
Latest reply by Stephen Weinstein

1. 1131 Grosstown Rd, Pottstown, PA Home For Sale
    1131 Grosstown Rd, Pottstown, PA 19464

2. 225 Master St, Pottstown, PA Home For Sale
    225 Master St, Pottstown, PA 19464

3. 518 King St, Pottstown, PA Home For Sale
    518 King St, Pottstown, PA 19464