Profile picture for agdvela

How Can I find out if im the owner of my "house''? If im in the tittle of the house?

I thought I had bought the house in December of 07 but it seems it was all a fraud. The house is going for foreclosure but the bank is dealing with the person I "bought the house from". I havent received no letters under my name of any modification or foreclosure. So how can I find out what really happen?
  • June 09 2010 - Phoenix
  • 0

Hey Agdvela,
   Randy is right, you should get an attorney to look at this ASAP. However, I would ask you to look at your purchase paperwork to see what the Deed of Bargain and Sale says.  Did you purchase the home through a closing company/firm? If so, did you purchase owner's title insurance?  In the event you did, all you need to do is let your closing company know about the mess up and they should take it from there. If you didn't, then you may be better off hiring that attorney.
   Unfortunately this isn't the first time I've heard about this as we deal with these issues, and others like it, a lot. Let me know if this helps and if you need further clarity on the subject.  All the best to you.

What paperwork do you have that indicates you 'bought' the house in December 2007?

Did you finance the purchase, or pay cash, or did the seller agree to carry the loan for you?

Do you have a copy of Deed of Trust or Title in your name?

There are WAY too many questions and issues involved to offer you any helpful advice. You should contact an attorney immediately, and I do mean immediately.