How Foreigners Can Buy Real Estate in the US (With F1 Visa, SSN, 5 years good credit history )?

I'm a student (with F1 visa and good credit history) in the US who is trying to to get a mortgage in the US. I was thinking on 100K loan with 30% down payment. I am aiming for 2 bedroom condo. I have a university offered on campus job with $2000 per month. I also owns stocks and deposite from my home country.

Most broken do not provide me the loan since I'm holding the F1 visa. I have heard that some broken can offer the way like "mortgage for foreigners" with higher rate and about 30% more downpay.

Anyone has idea about this? I'm in the Boston area.

• June 19 2013 - Boston
  • 0

Profile picture for Ruslan124
There are many lenders who will offer mortgages to foreigners, I would guess though that your main issue might be that you do not have proven income. you say you have been offered a job but your really need to show you have been in a job with secure income for some  time. Also your visa is a student visa and a lender will be concerned what might happen when you finish your studies. I also believe that your ability to work on an F1 is seriously restricted.