How Successful Has The Zillow Premier Agent Program Been For You?

How successful has the Premier Agent program been for the people that are subscribed? Tell me about how it has either worked or not worked for you and what level program you purchased. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance
  • December 10 2012 - US
  • 0

I think agents are misinformed of how premier agent works! This is a pillar of your business, not your entire business!!! I would not recimmend this for an agent to get their first deal, you need reviews, previous sales! I wanted to cancel as well and my sales lady made a ton of sense! This is a long term branding strategy, not a hit it rich slot! Find a lender to split the cost with you! This system pays for itself! The end
  • March 23

Profile picture for diverwife
To me this was a total waste of money!    I think the tactics and promises are a little misleading.  I called to get out of my contract and have them maybe sell my zip code to someone else...because apparently when they sold it to me it was "sought After"....that was apparently misleading .  They stated there is nothing they could do and basically suck it up till the end of my contract.    I cannot and will not recommend this program to any agent!
  • February 20

Profile picture for Hannah Tai Homes
I have had success being a Premier Agent. I don't get a huge amount of leads, but the ones I've gotten are real, and of good quality. My sales rep kept on me, and finally I decided to give it a try for a year. Even if I close one of these deals, it will be worth it.
  • February 04

I just signed up for the Premier agent. My profile is chocked full and just waiting for some reviews to be submitted. I am excited and optimistic. It is what you make of it.
  • February 04

Profile picture for J Westrich
I have been debating whether or not to respond to this posting.  I am an agent in Northern New Jersey.  I have to say this, I went to the Zillow Premier Agent Summit in Las Vegas in October.  I learned a ton about marketing, promotion and advertising.  I started to view Zillow as a partner in my business.  Here is the bottom line, in order for Zillow to be successful, you need to work the program.   What do I mean by that?  Get your reviews together from prior clients or people that you are working with.  I also believe that the training videos give lots of ideas.   I just started posting to these advice columns and that can only help create visibility.  The other aspect of importance is to make sure that you are in the right zip codes.  If the zip codes are not returning positive results then a conversation with your sales agent would be a positive move maybe there is a way that you can be moved into a different zip code.  My observation has been that the sales agents want you to be successful.  Why wouldn't they?  They have a client such as you that has already been paying and the more successful you are the more business you will do with them.  

@wetdogs I am going to quote you. Wetdawgs----"I'm not an agent, nor a professional in a real estate" (nor am I an employee of Zillow) But I have 58,389 contributions. Sounds like you are very intrigued to contribute to Zillow and not been an agent or professional in real estate and not an employee of Zillow. You have been a member since march of 2008 which means that you have contributed 24 times a day every single day for the past 6.5 years and are extremely biased towards promoting Zillow. How dumb do you think people are? Back to your ever so hilarious quote from your profile.....why would you say such a thing if it wasn't in fact the truth. Nice try as unsubtle as it is maybe someone will believe that you are in fact not an employee of Zillow.

My sales rep Erick Falessi is a dishonest individual. I called in the beginning of July to cancel my subscription because I had already paid for July. He said he was going to calling me before the end of the month to see if I wanted to cancel my subscription. I had to call him, got his voicemail and he didn't call back. I had to call the 877-528-7605 and ask to speak to a supervisor but was transfered to Erick and cancelled by subscription. He never sent me a confirmation email. They still charged me for August even though I canceled it in July. I called Erick and he said that the impressions for August were sent out before I cancelled even though I cancelled in July. Again, I still have no confirmation email. All agents be wary, Zillow is out to get your money.

Has anyone noticed that there has never been a negative review?

Scott Garrison was the most arrogant agents I have dealt with in 35 years in the field. He talked down to me and hung up on me.

I had the complete opposite with the program; been VERY successful for my team. You need to work the system. You need the reviews, past sales, and to respond to leads immediately in order for the program to be effective.

Not only was this a mistake, but I paid in advance for a full year.  Once they have your money, you have no recourse for satisfaction.  No one returns you phone call if you have a complaint.  Trying to get referrals from clients is not easy.  Zillow rejects them and, after they are rejected, your client usually declines to make another attempt.  Very few leads generated - received rental leads ($600/mo for home not event for rent).  Some inquiries about properties, nothing of value.  It is a numbers game and does not generate enough leads.  Avoid at all costs.

I found it to be an extremely helpful way to supplement website leads, referrals and repeat customers. However, there is a method that needs to be consistently followed for best results:

1. Pick up the phone when you get that call
2. If you miss the phone call, try to call back immediately
3. If your inquiry comes through an email, call first
4. Follow up with an introductory email
5. Research the property they inquired about and know its history, status, etc. 
6. Once you have a client on the phone arrange a meeting
7. Give them the value of your service in their purchase process by explaining the benefits of agency
8. Help them get pre-qualified with a lender
9. Make your showings with them efficient (i.e., show them at least 3 properties at your appointment so they can get a better idea of products out there which helps you understand their tastes and preferences for your future searches)
10. Make sure they are happy with your service by asking for feedback
11. Ask them to work with you exclusively so you can give them the time commitment for stellar service

Also, if possible and budget allows try and get impressions in multiple markets you cover. Let me know how this works out for you. 

All my best,
Negin

Lacey, call me tomorrow and I will explain everything you need to know.

I am a new realtor and spoke with a Zillow salesperson today. The Zillow approach does seem solid, but I am, like others have already commented, skeptical of the pay per impression model. I would much prefer a pay per contact model. I was told that for 5,000 impressions, I should expect 5 calls. Would others using the program agree with that conversion rate?

After about 6 months I have done okay with the Zillow premier program. After much evaluation of the program, I have determined that market area and number of impressions are major factors on your success rate. As of now, I have had 5 agents call me for feedback on the program. If anyone needs feedback or has questions, I am happy to assist with how the program has worked for me. I have spreadsheets and backend data that have allowed me to determine where my money is working. Thanks for all the help guys and if anyone has questions, please do not hesitate.

Hi Kieth, I was a Zillow client back in 2010 and I was fortunate enough to convert a buyer lead to close. After that I quite due to the # of buyer calls I received however recently joined again to get more exposure.  A couple of people I know have been getting listing calls since Zillow started to run commercials regarding they're zestimate feature. Best of Luck. I think Zillow is a good marketing strategy but you should continue to do other things to generate leads as well.

I ask many agents who I meet about their experience with Zillow's PA program. All say that a 'all in' is the only way to go (anything less doesn't work)  though with its popularity increasing, its getting harder to be that top agent within a specific zip code..........

I used zilow for few month... Waste of money... But my profile was without reviews... Actually I having issue to get reviews of my clients.. 90% was declined by zillow moderator... But i still will try in few month one more time.. With respect

I should have never spent the money for the premier agent program! I should have known when it was not a Pay Per Click but rather by impressions.  Paying for impressions means NOTHING! If I'm paying for advertising I want something for my money not just that my name and photo pop up for other agents to see.
All of the calls I received and there was not many were wrong numbers or people not even looking to buy.
So my advice to someone that is going to purchase online advertising get something for your money...pay per click meaning that when someone (buyer/seller) actually clicks on your name or photo to get more information you get charged.  And if if they are not going to do that and you still want to give them money then have them send you screen shots every week to prove that you are actually appearing on their site.
-Corey

Profile picture for KevinHawkins
I have really benefited from being a premier agent. Zillow does a wonderful job at promoting their agents. I received many leads from zillow, and I consistently get about 1-2 leads a week (which doesnt sound like a lot, but I am in a very small market). The service is well worth the money:)

As an update to my complaint, Trulia responded to me that I am getting a refund to my credit card within 7-10 days.  

Thank you for responding.  I called the credit card company once Trulia denied my refund.  They called Trulia with me on the line and conferenced in the supervisor.  She was annoyed and said that if I put in a dispute right away, the resolution would be out of her hands as if I would have a harder time going down 'that road'.  She said she had to listen to the sales tape.  I asked her if I got to listen to it as well.  Of course, the answer was 'no'.  She promised me a return phone call within two days but instead I received a generic email ' sorry; no refund policy'.   My credit card company asked me for a letter from another agent validating my story so that they could fight it.  If anyone had a similar experience, please send me an email at annmarie.cristiani@gmail.com.   I'm not letting this slide.  It was an expensive waste of time.   I don' t lie in my business practice and I don't expect to be lied to in advertising.

AnnMarie; I completely agree and of course they never mentioned that to me as well at Trulia. They are horrible; I fought for a week and finally got my credit back. Threaten to call your CC company; if they don't refund call your CC to dispute. This is the sole reason I have my AMEX account! I just learned today; that homes.com has the similar setup; of course this was never mentioned to me there as well. They got an email this morning from me.

I had part of a Zillow zip code for six months and received several leads.  They were not high quality,though, so I let the zip code go.  It was also during the fall/winter.  I just decided to switch to Trulia.  What a rip off. Zillow was much better.  With Trulia, I was sold on the mobile advertising. I asked a lot of questions because i had a zip code at a different site and did receive leads. I specifically asked the Trulia agent, at least three times, if I would be along with the listing agent or in a rotation. She told me I would have exclusivity and that the listing agent appeared in the description of the property area, but not in the contact section. Wrong. Once on board, I checked out my mobile app. I barely showed up on listings (one in every six or seven property selections). When I did show up, it was right along with the listing agent. When a buyer selects me, a notice automatically goes to the listing agent as well. I pretended to be a buyer and tested it. What is the point of getting a paid lead if the same lead goes right to the listing agent? I called to complain two days later (to give it a fair time to test it). I was put off for two weeks, told they had to listen to the sales tape, and then finally received an email- no refund. If you have a listing already on Trulia, rest assured you will be called no matter what. If you are looking to buy a zip code in the hopes of getting leads, DO NOT bother. They completely lied. I have had two leads, and they have both been me. Check the reviews of Active Rain. Big waste of my money.  I am disputing it with my credit card company.  

@Ronda:

When someone says the Premier Agent program doesn't work for them, there are two things I check:  1) their profile information "about me".    2) their contributions to Advice (looking for solid thoughtful timely contributions).

When both of those are missing, the Premier Agent usually finds PA status is a waste of their money.

I am a premier agent with Zillow and it's a big wast of $$.

Profile picture for fb1825974061
Look up "Zillow Premier Agent Scam" to learn ALL you need to know...

Profile picture for Jay_Thompson
Welcome Keith! Be sure to get your Premier Agent Website hooked up in time for a chance to win a $10,000 Amazon shopping spree

And remember, response time response time response time....

Thank you for all the information everyone. I just took the plunge and bought in on the mininum and we will see how it works over the six months. If anyone has questions during this period, I would be happy to help.

Thanks again everyone.

I had a lead come in at 4:25 in the morning.  I called back at 4:27.  The wife wasn't happy, hubby had just left for work.  I am still working with them though, listing the house in a week once they are ready and we have been looking into other properties.  

One thing, if your zip is a popular one, that generates good business, it may be hard to get into the program.  I am in and I am not going to go anywhere for a while, I'll increase before I quit I think...

1. 1
  2. 2