Profile picture for NovelRemodeling

How can I build contacts with realtors?

My company is Novel Remodeling, and we provide energy efficient remodeling and solar products to homeowners in the Los Angeles County. What i am having trouble with is working with Agents to refer clients for home improvement projects. We are fully licensed bonded and insured general contractor. 

I have sent request after request to Realtor companies asking for referrals. We are even willing to pay for referrals as well. 

Any Advice? 
  • August 20 2013 - Los Angeles
  • 0

Contact the Los Angeles Area Association of Realtors. They will let you know the best way to connect with agents in your area. Good luck with your business!

Be careful about offering to compensate Realtors for referrals, it is illegal in most states.

Profile picture for Ben Sepian
Your services may be more helpful in the apartment owners interest who are seeking such efficiency more than home owners, even though direct marketing may be more effective than waiting for Realtor referrals. Should you to break into the apartment owners market you may contact:  http://www.aagla.org/ and advertise in their monthly publication which is sent to thousands of members repeatedly and actually a helpful tool to such owners and used by many as a reference guide for contractors.
Good luck to you.

Hey fellow contractor , I'm not for sure about out in LA but when I was studying for my home inspection classes ( in our state ) you can not suggest a company only that this or that needs done.
There are some of the same guidelines realtors are suppose to use here.

One thing I use to do in driving around is make a note of houses for sale, when I seen a house that has had the sign removed I left a envelope in the door which included a congrats., welcoming them to the area and my business information in case they needed anything done after they have moved in..light changes, faucet replacements...small stuff.
The envelope also offered a new clients 10% off on labor.

With the addition of your solar products...I would use that as asset .
Maybe even check with that areas US postal company, They have made me offers ( legal ones ) that will allow you to target certain areas you wish to do business with and allow you to do inserts. ( with a fee...of course )

This could work if you wanted to target new homeowners...that could be the
Heading ( give or take a word ) market it how you think it would work.
I feel that many new homeowners maybe moving into an area they don't know so well and need these services above.
Yeah they are probably small jobs but a customer is just a customer till you get that second call back for other work...then they become a client.
That's what we are are looking for...right?

People have their family doctors, lawyers, accountants, insurance companies ... We want to be their family contractor.

Hope that helps or at least gives you some insight on advertising and target
areas in which to open up.
-Joseph-