Profile picture for wbvander

How can I change the owner's estimate home value on my home?

I tried to do an owners estimate on my newly purchased home at 22110 Laurel Terrace Ct, Katy TX 77450.  I put in new information about the property but was not allowed to change the value.  I think it is undervalued.  Now I have a public owners estimate with the too low value of 312K.  I want to put in my purchase price of $369K but the entry box was grayed out.  If you will not allow me to put in my value estimate, could you take my estimate off public.  I would prefer to put the owners value estimate in but could not.  I believe the house has high end features and the best location on two lakes in the neighborhood.  I do not think the estimate has this.  I also think the house should be credited as a 4 bdrm.
  • May 15 2010 - Katy
  • 0

Profile picture for tiffdelgado
Keep in mind zestimates are just that---estimates. The real value of your home comes from tax records, appraisals, etc. I would be more inclined to concentrate on those.

Zillow are estimates, machine generated. In many cases they are way off. I ddo not think you will get it changed.

I don't know if you realize this but it dreally doesn't matter what the value that is shown on zillow on your house does.  It doesn't affect the market value of your house nor does it affect he taxes that you pay on it.

If you have received your 2010 tax assessed value from the central appraisal district and it shows your house to be assessed at 312K.  That's great, because that is the amount that you pay your tazes on.  Are you wanting to change that to value to 369K?  your taxes will go up?  Are you sure you want to do that?

Have you claimed the home on Zillow?  if not, then go to edit and clsim it then you you will be able to change the characteristics of the home # bedrooms, square footage etc.  If you want to change the zestimate anyway, you can go to "owner's estimate" and enter your value there.

Naima