Profile picture for karebear91

How can I combine my double lot into one listing?

1821 E Broadmor Dr is a double lot but both listing seperately is misleading.  We are charged property tax for both lots but the home value is only assessed on the first lot. Can this be updated?

There is no means on Zillow to combine two lots that are normally sold together.  Nor is there a means to modify the Zestimate, except for changing some of the details, such as the lot square footage.

Although there has been discussion about it, it would take redoing the entire database, and there are relatively few of the approximately 100 million ownership housing units that need that feature.

In some cases, the better estimate is the sum of the two.  In others, it is the average between the two, depending on the specific details, and how the sales of such properties are recorded at the county.  (For some, they show the full sale price for both on each... in that case, it is usually the average).

The best solution is to include a note about the second property in each description, and with a link to the other home details page.  The main property should have the house on it.  The one without the house should say "second lot for address...." with the link.

You could add the lot sizes and put that on the main listing, but if you do, make sure you note that in the description.

There is a place for owner comments about the estimate on each home details page.  Make sure you use that on each to explain.

If the empty lot doesn't show on this site, you need to add it; but Zillow requires an address to create a listing or home details page.  You may or may not have a different address.  Some just use the street name without a number.  It would probably be better to use a number to be in the right sequence for the location (geocode).

If you are paying for a "featured" listing, I would only list the one with the house, and cross reference to the second.  You may need to do a "make me move" to create the home details page for the empty lot, but you can remove the "make me move" right after the home details page is created.