How can I determine how what percent of homes are underwater in a metro area?

I am trying to find data on negative equity for metro areas in 2006 and 2007. I can't seem to find these data in the Real Estate Market Reports. Thank you for your time!
  • April 10 2012 - US
  • 0

• Ice L.Zillow
Hi All -

We have recently released a brand new, interactive negative equity map that lets you see how many homeowners in your area are underwater on their mortgage. Try your county or zip code in your here.

Ice

Thanks, sunnyview, for pointing me to PolicyMap. Unfortunately, the data on loan-to-value ratios are not free on that site. My search continues...

Try Policy Map. It is a free site that might help you look at that. They have a lot of information including piggyback loan numbers and equity, but their interface can take a little getting used to.  

You have register for the site, but in 4 years I have never gotten one piece of email from them or anything else. There is more information about the website here.

Profile picture for Home Sales For You
You can buy this information here:

http://www.corelogic.com/products/listsource.aspx#container-Overview

But, I think they only have current information not as of 2006-2007.