Profile picture for WetrusGod

How can I find a legitimate company for refinancing out of a 1st and 2nd mortgage. I

I have an arm of 6.25 % and the 2nd motgage is a 10 year ballon at 8.25%. I am upside down but never late on the payments.
  • April 16 2009 - Waldorf

WetrusGod- if looking for an honest broker/legitimate company, check out the Upfront Mortgage Brokers Association, a consumer advocacy group. They're at www.upfrontmortgagebrokers.org, and you can search for certified UMBs in your state.

What is your first mortgage balance and what is the value of the house?  Depending on the answers, may depend on whether you can try to refi your first mortgage into a lower rate and subordinate the 2nd.