Profile picture for tomdavis611

How can I find out details of a home purchase or acquisition in L.A. County?

I believe that someone I know is involved in a fraudulent real estate transaction here in Los Angeles county. He is either a straw buyer or they pulled some sort of adverse possession of a run down home. He was a homeless bum but now has 100K. I found about five homes that someone else he knows acquires and then they're all sold a few months later for double what he paid for them.Sounds like some sort of fraud. I want to check into this further before I accuse them. How can I find out how they bought the homes and how they sold them? If it's adverse possession, can I see the paperwork they filed? If they are doing loan application fraud, how can I find out the bank that loaned out the money? Is the information publcly available somewhere?
  • January 20 2014 - Los Angeles
  • 0

If you go to the public records office, you can normally find the type of sale associated with a property.    It sounds like you may know a successful house flipper who is pulling himself out of the "homeless bum" status you ascribe to him.