Profile picture for SHADOWSWHEELS1

How can I find out what realtor or agency has sold the most homes near the home which I want to sell

March 01 2010 - Carpentersville

Best Answer
I do not think there is any correlation to successfully selling your property just because one agent or agency has sold 2-3 more listings than another one. If one agency has 200 agents vs perhaps 75 agents in other agencys, then the odds(statistically) are greater of that larger agency having more transactions in your location. It does not mean they are better or more efficient. There are some agencys that focus on short sales/foreclosures and if there are a lot of those in your area then that agency will win, but that statistic has no relation to whether they are better or best for you.
The Internet has leveled the playing field tremendously. I for instance sell property all over the city and a variety of burbs. I can do all the significant marketing as anyone else and I often do it for less. You should shop around and let a variety of agents explain what they do and how much they charge. Don't get caught up in statistics.

philip

Profile picture for toxdoc2b
Thankfully statistics can be normalized.  The next time your doctor says this drug has killed 95% of those that took it, but don't get caught up in statistics.  

The Realtor MLS has a rating system for the top 10 companies in any given town. If you call me or email me I will tell you for whatever town you are searching in.
It also tells each individual agent how they rate for sales in that town.
For instance, my company is #1 in Schaumburg and I am 11 out of the approx 40,000 agents that are able to sell in Schaumburg. I am not able to find out who the 10 ahead of me are though.

Profile picture for rockinblu
Hi Linda,

The blog attached to the link below may be of some interest to you. Good luck.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/rockinblu/2008/12/i_ve_got_my_fingers_cros

Profile picture for SHADOWSWHEELS1

Thanks so much for the great answer.  I'm sure that's true for agencies - wondering about for individuals? Especially in a neighborhood where a high percentage of the population is Spanish speaking?

Linda