Profile picture for kristisar

How can I find out which RE school is best? (in Phoenix)

I was planning on starting school 1-29-11, because they allow you to sign up online and just walk in. But the website wasnt working, so I started looking around. Now I notice a school (that is much farther away) that has the flexibility I need for classes, but they offer completely different courses! This one says it is ADRE certified, which certainly sounds like it would be important, but both say they offer the courses required to obtain your license in AZ. Please help me out! The 2 schools are:

Real Estate Learning Center (Mesa)

Arizona Academy of Real Estate (Peoria- and much closer, but not ADRE certified so far as I can see)
  • January 29 2011 - Phoenix
  • 0

I dont know why anyone would want to get into real estate, it is expensive to be in this business and unless you plan to work extremely hard you will last about a year and change before you go on to the next thing. Its a tough course in most states,and your fees to who you go with are expensive. Seriously, think long and hard before you go down this road. I see so many new agents come and go....after leaving their money with someone else.....good luck, 

Take it at the nearest community college. (disclosure, I am a mathematics professor at Scottsdale community college)

I have taken the re-education a half dozen times at the other schools, and have found the teaching and learning to be extremely low level, compared to my original courses taken at the community college. 

Kristisar-

Good Evening.

I have to agree with most everything said in other posts, except for AZ having the easiest tests. Having been in and around real estate for more than half my life, in a couple of different states, Arizona acutally requires more than most states with hours and score levels.

I will fully agree with the other facts, most of the "information" you learn won't be the reason you are a good or bad agent, it's the "ground work".
The rest is up to you, much like life. So pick the school that fits yours needs the best.

Have a BEAUTIFUL night.

-Shawn

asreb

"Which is "Best"?  That is an option question, all that matters is that the ADRE accepts them, so which ever one is closer and easier for you to attend. 

Best of luck.

the best schools are those that help you pass your test so you can start learning after you get your license...practice makes perfect

You should verify whether or not the school is ADRE certified via ADRE's website. Honestly, IMHO, it doesn't matter which school you attend. The bar for obtaining a real estate license in Arizona is so low, almost anybody can pass the tests. And when you've obtained your license, would you like to guess how much you're going to know about the actual 'doing' of real estate? Zero, zip, zilch! Best of luck in your new adventure.  :-)