Profile picture for jimjill

How can I find values of sold homes in 2009?

I believe Arapahoe County grossly overestimated the value of my home and I protested the value.  How can I go back and get Zillows Values?  I believe there were only 5 home that sold in the period I am looking for.  
  • November 06 2013 - Aurora
  • 0

The County Assessor will not likely consider value data collected from Zillow, as it is largely based upon averages.  MLS data would be the most reliable, though the MLS database only contains data from up to three years prior.  Therefore, your best bet would likely be Assessor Records.  You can go to the following website, plug in your address, and then go to neighborhood sales link:  http://parcelsearch.arapahoegov.com/ .   Be sure to research the year for which the Assessed value is related, and keep in mind that Assessor values are established every two years.  Also double check to ensure that the Assessor record for your property accurately reflects your actual property(good first step in the rebuttal process).