How can I get a mortgage loan?

I am currently in the market to buy my first home. I am however a waitress at a restaurant. The money is good but I have no way of proving how much I make in tips at my job. Are there any other alternatives to me owning my first home or would a rent/lease to own be a better option for me?
  • June 08 2013 - Stone Mountain
  • 0

"I am however a waitress at a restaurant. The money is good but I have no way of proving how much I make in tips at my job."

I know a few folks who are waiters and they were able to buy (which means they were able to get a loan). If "the money is good", is the issue that you are not reporting all your income?

"Are there any other alternatives to me owning my first home or would a rent/lease to own be a better option for me?"

There are many posts on Zillow, and other places, that discuss the down sides to lease-to-own. I'll leave it up to you to find these. However, you might want to just talk to a lender to see where you stand, and what steps you should take to be able to qualify for a loan.