How can I get around the 2 years of taxes for FHA, I only have 2011?

I was incarcerated for 2010.

• July 31 2012 - Norwalk
  • 1

If he makes the majority of the money and he was working for 2010 and 2011 why not just have him on the loan if yours is not needed to qualify for a mortgage? You could still be on title. You can contact me and I would be happy to see I can make a loan with with just his income.

I have never encountered this situation, so I would have to apply logic (a dangerous thing to do these days).  Please expect the underwriter to have limited experience with this as well.

If while incarcerated you are not required to file tax returns, you should probably be able to document that fact. I would then ask the lender's underwriter if they will accept 2009 tax returns, the documentation explaining the lack of tax returns for 2010, and your 2011 tax returns.  I wish you the best. 

This is on a purchase. My husband and I are applying for the loan and he make the majority of the money.

Is this on a refinance or a purchase you are trying to do? If it is a refinance and you currently have an FHA loan then you could do a streamline with out having to use income to qualify or show returns.

You can obtain your 2011 tax return from the IRS, but you have to pay for it.

Profile picture for Cindy Quinton
Why? Did you file? I don't think there will be a way around it.