Profile picture for tharon35

How can I get my appraisal cleared up?

Several months ago a builder posted a spec house on our road using our address of 35 Hickory Rd, Carlisle, PA 17015 as the address of the property.  It overwrote all of our data and showed the builders advertised price and specs vice our home's value and specs.  Turns out he used the lot number from the orignal neighborhood plan vice the address.  How can I get this reconciled?
  • November 21 2011 - Carlisle
  • 0

The first step is to claim your home by hovering cursor over "edit" and chose "claim your home".  If that option is not available, then click on "report problem" and chose "incorrect owner claim". 

After you've claimed the home, then you can edit the data back to the public records data.

Profile picture for tharon35
Yes, I guess I meant Zillow's estimated value.  The Zillow estimated value reflects the sales value of whatever home this builder wishes to build, not my home estimated value.  It changed because he incorrectly posted all this data to my address by mistake.  And the other issue is the data is incorrect.  It doesn't reflect my square footage, acreage, number of baths, rooms, etc, etc.  The county tax assessment value in the Cumberland County tax assessment database is correct and accurate for my address.  Thanks for responding so promptly.

If the current appraised value  (I assume you meant County Auditor's Market/Assessed Value.) is higher than you think your home is worth, call your Local County Auditor/Appraiser's Office to report the mistake. Be sure to speak to someone with authority and not merely a desk-person that answers the phone.
If the value is lower than the actual value, leave it alone. If this is the case, the taxes should be a bit lower than they might otherwise be.
One other thing to keep in mind is that if the property recently sold (Builder's Property), the property may have been updated/re-assessed and could be higher than it should be.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Bill Hoyle

PS If you meant Zillow's Estimated value, that would be different all together.