How can I get out of my home that is in a mortgage dispute litigation? Attorney doesn't return mess

I just want to get out of the home at this point. It's in litigation, and the attorney does not return my messages. I want to know my options, and want to know if I can just get out of it, and let it go.
  • August 31 2013 - Tampa
  • 1

Profile picture for AlmaKee
I'm sorry to hear your attorney isn't returning your calls. 

You should be able to dismiss your attorney and hire a new one.

I work with an attorney that can help with a Short Sale (no cost to you nor to a buyer or agent) if you want to get rid of the property and not worry about having a deficiency judgment come after you a few years later.  This is what is happening to some owners and even Realtors who have done a short sale and didn't have an attorney review the final approval paperwork to be sure they are forgiven the loss.  His "free" services are paid by the lender at closing but you must be comitted to wanting to do a short sale so he can be sure to ultimately get paid.

Call or email and I can try to help you.

Thank you for the responses. I'd like to find another attorney if its possible. This has been going on for 3 years. And it's going no where.

Your attorney is the one you have to deal with unless you want to take a drastic step that will ruin your credit for years.    

Consider finding another attorney.  Without more detail, I am not sure anyone can help. 

DISCLAIMER:  I am not at attorney and this is not legal advice.