How can I get quotes specifically for USDA financing?

My wife and I are looking to finance our new construction town home with USDA financing, but I can't find a way to find lenders who service these types of loans other than the preferred company our builder uses. I'm sure they are not offering the best rates, so any help is appreciated.

July 24 2012 - Yorktown

Do a Google search for Rural Development loans for your area, go to the government website and find the local office.  If you can qualify for USDA Direct your options with be different going directly through USDA getting what's called their "Direct" loan, but the qualification process becomes more tight on income limits....because not only is a Rural Development loan only given to certain areas but it is also income specific and USDA "Direct" is for low income (get the income limits from USDA).That's why most people have to go through a lender that offers a Rural Development "Gurarantee" loan, the income limits increase.  Going through a preferred lender, like said previously will not change the rate... most all lenders are competitive
What can change the rate is if you pay your origination fee upfront which is part of your closing cost or some lenders offer no origination fee but your rate will be higher. Talk to your lender about origination fee options upfront or in the rate. I would never recommend a higher rate option, you are already coming out ahead if you qualify for a Rural Development loan and if you are using a preferred lender of a builder then they might offer closing cost incentives to help pay for a portion ( but this isn't always the case everywhere). My advice is coming from the Louisiana area and USDA guidelines are very specific to your area, this is how it is here as I have worked with nearly 100 buyers going USDA in our area.

i am a virginia loan officer and would be haqppy to quote you usda,providing the property and you qualify for the program, send me a message and we will set a time to get together to discuss

If you google, USDA eligibility map, you should get a return for the official website that will allow you to search eligible locations.

Something like this:
http://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/welcomeAction.do

I would actually say it is fairly likely that your builder's lender is offering the best rate. Builders with their own mortgage firms often buy down rates as an incentive to buyers to utilize the builder's preferred company. They do this for a variety of reasons.

You should absolutely shop around, but in my market, builders routinely offer very favorable rates with their lenders.

My guess is that because USDA loans are so location specific, Zillow is not set up to analyze which counties or even Zip codes are USDA approved, hence, no way to generate USDA only quotes.
I am sure if you look around Zillow, you can find one or two highly rated Loan Officers that would love to help you!
Best wishes, Jim