How can I improve my chances of purchasing a home for the first time?

Credit score is only in the high 500s
Nearly paid off all debt
Got a secured card to build credit

Dont know if I will be able to purchase a home.
  • June 15 2014 - Antioch
  • 0

Profile picture for Karyn Porter
It sounds like you are being proactive and moving in the right direction. Good for you for realizing you are in control. I recommend speaking with a lender in your area to help you make a road map for the next steps in the process. If you do not have a lender or don't know how to find one, contact an agent. You can find one on Zillow for your area. Many agents partner with lenders here to make the process of home buying easier. Happy house hunting!