How can I list my house on Zillow if my agent will not do it?

Zillow shows that my house is not for sale, so I contacted my agent and asked her to list it on Zillow.  She said that her company does not use Zillow due to too many inaccuracies.  Can I list it on Zillow myself?
  • August 16 2013 - Birmingham
  • 0

You as the Seller certainly have the right to market your property and list it for sale on Zillow or wherever else you choose. Depending whether your listing agreement is an "ER" (Exclusive Right to  Sell) or an "EA" (Exclusive Agency) you may still owe a commission to your listing agent, even if you find your own buyer (i.e. via Zillow). In an "ER" your agent is still due a commission, in an "EA" you may not owe a commission if you bring your own buyer (check with your agent and be sure to read your listing agreement carefully). In either case, you may market your own property wherever and in whatever way you choose. After all, it is YOUR home! I encourage you to speak with your Realtor and ask her to please add your home to Zillow. Per the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice that Realtors follow, your agent should follow your wishes as long as they are lawful, which in this case they certainly are. 

When you were interviewing the agent before making the decision, what advertising approach did your agent promise?   Were non-MLS internet sites on the program?

You should be able to post your house on Zillow as "Make Me Move" category or for sale... 1st go on www.zillow.com sign in or open an account, and you will be able to post you house info, pictures etc...
Good Luck

Our realtor was chosen for us by our relocation agency.  I don't think we have the option to change.

Profile picture for RealEstateCrew
Get a new Agent that does use Zillow.  Click on the "Find a Pro" link above and type in your city.  Speak with the agents BELOW the top 3 spots as the top 3 spots are PAID spots and the agents below are based on their activity.