Profile picture for vguzv

How can I purchase a property being taken by City for Tax, but also in probate court?

There is a property in MA that I am interested in, I was doing some research and found that there was an "instrument of taking" filed in March 2014 by the city, but in February 2014, there was a notice to partition real estate filed in probate court for the same property. So my question is, if I wanted to purchase this property, who do I contact, the city or the listed property owner.
  • April 28 2014 - US
  • 0

Your best bet is to contact the owner first, if they are still in possession and it hasn't gone to auction yet. Once the property is sold at the court house steps, the process is very different. At auction, you will be bidding against other investors, the original lean holder and others.