Profile picture for belfem

How can I qualify for a second mortgage?

My current home is upside down. I would like to move. I have a good profession and am working, my husband is not. I don't want to put down a big down payment. What should I do? Thank you, Sandra Desvallons
email: gabou01@bellsouth.net
  • October 24 2011 - Cutler Bay

More information is needed to provide useful advice. A loan officer is the best person to advice you. You can start with your current motrgage lender. Best of luck.

Are you looking at moving in the same area or out of town? Is your current mortgage an FHA mortgage? If not than you can possibly use a FHA mortgage and purchase a home with as little as 3.5% down. 

Would you be buying up in value or down in value? Do you feel you can qualify with mortgage payments on new and old home and your existing debt?  

There are several questions to ask before I can answer you. Is your current home on your name? Is your future home going to be only on your name? Are you willing to do a short sale? Are you late on your mortgage payments? Since you left your email to contact you I assume a ton of realtors emailed you already. If you would like to have a detailed discussion of your situation, feel free to contact me directly. I'll share my knowledge from the experience. I do this everyday. I can't give you a legal advise though.
kennedyrealtor@gmail.com