Profile picture for rpb606

How can I reassure the buying of a foreclosure home?

February 23 2013 - Kendall

It is not clear what your situation is.  If there are multiple offers and it is in fact a foreclosure sale then your agent would have received a multiple offer addendum.  Working with your agent, determine what the market value is today and base you offer on likely value, deducting for needed repairs, not asking price.  Often with foreclosures list price reflects debt on the proeprty not true market value but that is less common everyday.

You may want to talk with other agents in your market that have more experience.

February 25 2013
You are trying to buy a short sale, if the price is an issue, then move on to another property, or wait until this one if foreclosed and re-enters the market as bank owned.

February 24 2013
Offer what the home is worth to you and be prepared to walk away if you don't get it. Be sure your contract protects you from paying over appraisal. Depending on what bank or government entity you are working with, the net offer is generally more important these days than whether you are offering cash, a financed offer, or even asking for closing costs. 

While your agent is right, if they have many offers you won't get to negotiate and must present your best offer from the beginning, you still shouldn't offer more than you are comfortable offering.

February 23 2013

You are like a lot of other people who wish to purchase a home but find that there are multiple offers.  Unfortunately all you can do is present the best offer you can make right up front. No games, your best offer.  Not just purchase price, but closing date, consessions, etc. all play a part. If possible make a cash offer, if not possible, try for conventional financing.

You have to give the sellers the feeling that your offer is best for them. If you are picky, argumentive and petty they will choose another buyer.

February 23 2013
Profile picture for rpb606
Sorry, I will try to explain as well as I can. I wish to buy a house that is in foreclosure, but my realtor told me that other people will also be offering and I will not have the possibility of negotiate the price. I want that house, what could I do to buy it? A very high offer is not proper.
Thank you so much for your attention to my concern.

Robert P Barcala MD

February 23 2013
I'm not sure what you are trying to ask. Can you restate your question?

February 23 2013