Profile picture for jasminejc

How can I remove false sales transaction on my house from zillow.com?

Hi, I bought a house in Providence, RI in 2006 and have owned it since. However, zillow.com says that the house was purchased again a few years later at a unreasonably low price, as a result, the z-estimate on my house is quite low. Now that I'm considering putting my house on the market, is there anyway the false info on zillow can be corrected? I  entered this info on zillow.com twice before but never got a response. Thank,  Jasmine
  • May 06 2011 - Hope
  • 0

Jasmine, I flagged your listing. However, when you put your house on the market make sure your realtor puts the listing into Zillow. Most of us only use the MLS system for our comps anyway. Chances of your getting an independent, unrepresented buyer are very , very low. And as an agent who works with buyers, I educate my buyers to dismiss search engines 'guesstimates'

Did you refinance the house during this period? Sometimes Zillow pulls this info as a Sale.

Profile picture for jasminejc

Hi Sunnyview, Thanks for the response, but I've done exactly that a few times in the past 2 years and nothing ever happened.

Jasmine

You can flag the transaction using the small gray flag next to it to send an email to Zillow about the error. If you are planning to sell soon, I would do it ASAP since it can take a little while to make the correction.