Profile picture for mchorton

How can I remove my new home from being listed for sale?

I purchased my home recently but it is still listed for sale.  I have contacted Zillow many times to remove it by reporting a problem with the listing but no one responds.  There are also numerous photos of the inside of our house posted.  This is a major privacy concern.  Please remove 7 S Memminger St, Greenville, SC 29601 from being listed for sale.
  • September 16 2011 - Greenville
  • 0

Here in New York the listing broker must update the listing with MLS.
That means changing the status to Sold!

Once that is done it will change on Zillow as Sold.
Zillow does not delete listings.

Hope this helps you somewhat. :))

The challenge on your home is that the agent "forgot" to remove the listing from a data feed here. As a consequence, even if ZIllow employees remove the listing each time you flag it, the data feed will over write their manual removal.   So, call the agent and ask that it be removed from that feed promptly (don't mention Zillow, mention the feed)

Before you give her a call, google your address.  I see it listed at more than half dozen sites.  This will give you ammunition that it is her feed that is the problem!    We (the buyers and sellers) shouldn't have to force the agents to clean up after themselves, but unfortunately it is all too common. 

I hope you are enjoying your new home.