Profile picture for zerojoshua

How can I report a realator?

This realtor knew that the house was in probate and didn't tell us or our Realtor. We put down earnest money, the sellers accepted our offer, got all the paper work done, had spent a month preparing to move on our set move in date, got home inspections ($320). We had packed all of our belongings up and gave our landlords our 30 day notice.
  • January 28 2014 - Albuquerque
  • 0

Profile picture for aw hbeach
This is the house I was sold for $720,000,  $60,000 more than Zillow estimate at the time I've purchased house. The house was advertised as a prime, pristine and meticulous maintained property, Two  months after close of escrow,  kitchen had to be gutted, kitchen cabinets and dry walls had to be removed due to major mold contamination that was not disclosed. Real estate broker in response to my emails with the request for help and correction of problems had her attorney send me threatening emails telling me to stop harassing her clients. Sellers did not respond to my registered letter with the request for repairs and contractor who worked on the behalf of the sellers on correcting issues identified in the house inspection report is not accepting registered letters in which I'm asking for correction of issues that were identified in house inspection report and not repaired  or not repaired correctly. 

I'm 66 years old woman who used her life savings to purchase what she thought was her dream house, instead i got an expensive nightmare and realtor is not responsible for anything, Since I'm not an real estate agent nor contractor, just a buyer who was sold house she is unable to live in, law is not protecting me and I'm easy target to threaten.

Profile picture for aw hbeach
I do not believe that you can report a realtor. The law is written in such a manner that law protects realtor from any responsibility. So you only can rely on her honesty. 

If you're going to drag up old threads, find the positive ones, the threads with some substance, so you can distribute some meaningful info!

I would first try and speak with the agents Qualifying Broker to address any issues you have. Also, you can contact the local association that the agent belongs too then the last resort I would file a complaint with the state Real Estate Commission.

Profile picture for JoshBarnettREIB
Discuss with the Realtor member in question, they will provide the information that is sought. 

If the listing agent was in fact a Realtor, you can report them to your local realtor board and they will come under the boards authority and make a decision on their actions.  I would start with the agents broker and go from there.

Profile picture for ColleenPye
I tell all my clients  A DEAL IS NOT DONE UNTIL IT IS DONE. You simply can not plan with certainty on any deal. Over the last 4 years.. lender delays are common. Assuming that you will move in on your closing date.. just may not happen. Try not to close on a Friday.. as if it does not FUND.. you will not be moving in unless you have a very understanding seller. 

Many times sellers omit information or underestimate their balance even.. and we as the listing are caught blindsided. ( I ask a lot of questions.. and it still can happen.)

Sorry this happened to you. It's a balancing act... that is for sure. 

whaaaa? thats facked up...... i hope you get that money back and more!!!