Profile picture for timtankkillertobin

How can I search for a ranch floorplan, in a subdivision called Highlands Ranch with 75,000 homes?

Okay, so I want to search Zillow for a ranch floor plan. In Littleton, Co., there is a massive subdivision that is called Highlands Ranch. So if I use the filter word "ranch" guess what? Every house shows up because of Highlands Ranch being in the search string. HELP! I cannot use Zillow to find a ranch in this subdivision, and this cannot be uncommon.
  • July 19 2011 - Highlands Ranch
  • 0

Hi
Talk to an agent who can refine the searches for you and get exactly what you are looking for.  Sometime you can conflict the searches by putting too much information in or vice versa.  They should have the capacity to have it so that listings are emailed to you daily as new listings come on.

And on another note, Buyers Agents here in Colorado are free to the Buyer, so let them help you to get exactly what you want.  

Profile picture for AdamTking
While there are lots of websites available to the general public, most are not accurate.  You can work with a good agent who can do searches for you and also enable you to have access to the detailed info that real estate agents have, if you would like.  Most sites are not a direct connection to our Denver MLS system and most are skewed showing homes in unusual orders; quite often with out of date info too.

You are welcome to use this site free of charge:  http://ForColoradoHomes.com/
 and as the saying goes, "there's an app for that" - for iPhones.  Go to the App Store and use the agent code aking.  That's all there is to it!

The site does not rack you, require you to register for basic searches and it is a direct feed to the MLS system for the most up to date info available.

Talking with an agent that is very familiar with the area is a good start. I have been selling homes in Highlands Ranch since 1992. Let me know If you would like me to help.
[email removed by Zillow moderator]

Try searching by zip code > 80126 is the central part, the west side is 80129 and the east side is 80130.

Wildcat Mountain is in 80124 (Lone Tree) but Province Center is in 80126.

A local real estate broker can set you up with the best, most relevant search.  The public MLS site is recolorado - free and no registration required.

Profile picture for derrekpatrick
I am happy to help.  There are 90,000 people living in Highlands Ranch and I am one of those.  I live here and specialize here.  I am happy to help.  Good ranch homes do not stay on the market long.  Call or email me and I will help with your search.

Derrek S. Patrick
[hotlink and phone removed by Zillow moderator]

Profile picture for doralgate
If you just want to do online searches without talking to the vultures, Realtor.com would give you this search option and to me it seems like their listings are usually a little more updated than Zillow's anyways.

Hey timtankkillertobin:

Just wanted you to know that there really are not an abundance of ranch floor plans in Highlands Ranch. This type of home can be few and far between, just fyi. In fact I just completed a search and there are currently only 20 ranch style homes available between $200K and $1 million. We helped a buyer find a ranch home this year and they referred another couple who wanted a ranch as well. In the end they purchased a two-story because there were so few ranch homes to choose from.

Also, Highlands Ranch is its own "City" not a subdivision of Littleton. It is an unincorporated community in Douglas County.

Hope the information is helpful.

Carrie

Sorry, Highlands Ranch is not a city, it's a city sized subdivision with 90,000 residents and 3 zip codes 4 public high schools, 9 grocery stores, 4 indoor, 4 outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, batting cage, two skate parks and one stadium...

I've looked at many hundreds of houses here in Highlands Ranch. It's always a surprise to see what it actually is. A good local broker can help narrow it down.
However, what I've noticed is that one story 'ranch' houses take up the entire lot. i.e.; no yard. Okay for some, not for others....