How can I search without the results showing on the map, and the narrow list on the right ?

Recently, when I search a city or zip, the results show as a map and a narrow list on the right. I'd rather the older or other way where the results are in a list view with a little more info on each property without opening each one. Any help on changing this setting would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

November 11 2012 - US

days on Zillow still is in the page format, after "lot size", but if the font is too big, it doesn't show.  "ctrl -" in your browser will shrink it enough to show, but then the text is too small to read.  (You may have to press it multiple times... I have to press it 3 times for the other info to show).

You could highlight and copy to notepad, or to a new Email.... and then you could read it.  It doesn't even need to be seen on the screen to be able to do this.

By the way, I see that Trulia also also has a "newest" sort for their listings search results... but I don't see days on Trulia listed in their summaries either, so I really don't see how changing to Trulia is going to address your concern.  You still need to open the details page to get the days on the website.

I certainly don't care if you use Trulia or any of the 25 (or more) other websites that provide similar information.  I don't work for any of them nor Zillow.  No one else cares either, as that is the whole point of "choices" and "competition".

Zillow provides some information for me that the others don't, so I put up with their idiosyncrasies and at least 3000 known "bugs".

As for days on Zillow?  Zillow still has a days on Zillow sort.  I hadn't noticed they removed the days on Zillow from the summary listings; it was still in the right column on earlier versions of that format.  Yes, that could be an issue, but as part of the "test", Zillow staff was looking for "page clicks" and looking at home details pages.

So, if people were not opening the pages, it was a less likely option for them to chose.  By withholding that information, apparently they expect to get more page views, based on user response during their testing period.

Ok thanks for the info. I like checking daily listings in a certin area, I just glance at the "days on zillow", any new ones and I'll open for the details on teh property. With the new way of viewing/displaying results the "days on zillow" is hidden. Oh well thanks. I will most likely just start using trulia.

The other option was discontinued last week when they did revisions to fix a "filters" bug.

If you don't want to see the homes on the map, just choose a large enough area and broad enough filter range to get more than 500 results, then none of them will show on the map (except when doing a "mouse over" on one of the listings in the right column).

If you don't want the map visible, but only the outlines... turn images off in your browser.

But you are still stuck with the small right column.

However, if you compare the data shown in the column to what was previously shown, you will note it is still 6 listings that show at one time, and that the same data for each listing still shows.  And that you still can highlight, copy and past the listings just as easily now as before.