Profile picture for tyandmish

How can I select comps for owner estimate?

I have created an owner estimate for our house and would like to select comps as part of the estimate.  When I click on the 'comps' it does not show any comps that can be selected.  Do I have to do something to list the comps to select from?  There are a number of houses nearby which are listed or recently sold so I know there are suitable comps which could be used.
  • December 04 2010 - New Castle
  • 0

Profile picture for artcat742
I've found the same exact issue. Ever since they took away the ability to choose comps, my house value had plummeted by over $37,000. I'm very unhappy about this, as I am planning to sell my home for more than the zillow estimated amount in about 6 months or so, and will have a hard time doing so now that they took this away and compare my home to lower-quality homes.

Profile picture for Noonn
I used to be able to select or deselect comps based on if they are next to an undesirable element like a freeway or if there is a view worth as much as the house improvements.

I can not find that ability other than some generic filters that zillow almost does automatically already.

I agree with agents opinions that the zillow estimates are too generic, too limited, and cause an ignorance of a home value. I always argued hand selecting comps removed the narrow limits of Zillow filters.

It seems no longer possible to manually select comps to improve over the Zillow comp filters. Hence a new online listing service is needed to be found.