Profile picture for kagnew69

How can I trust the listings when they contain inaccurate data?

We were looking at listings for a possible move and looked up our house for your estimates. We discovered our entire subdivision is listed in the wrong school district. This was a huge selling point when we purchased. If I looked at my house in your listings now I would not have even considered it.
  • January 28 2012 - Springfield
  • 0

Profile picture for hpvanc
Kagnew69,

May I suggest that you make this post in the Other > Suggestions category of the forums.  I think that is where Zillow looks for suggestions, they need to pull school district information from the tax records to at least get the correct school district rather than using proximity to schools.  Unfortunately I don't think that will perfectly in large school districts since taxing school district will not indicate the attendance center, but it is better than using proximity and not even getting the correct school district.

From what I have seen on public records that Zillow is getting for Illinois, the data is sparse at best.  You happen to be from an area I am familiar with.  Sangamon County is better than Macon County, but the data fields and the timelyness of updates are still poor compared to where I currently live.  

Profile picture for K.K. Yan
Listings on the web is a very good tool for gethering general info. My clients likes to check them out and call me for specific questions. Buyers and sellers are always expected to do their duel diligence.

Profile picture for kagnew69
Thanks Rita. I have a personal friend who is a real estate professional that takes care of me, so I would never use something like Zillow as a total resource. My worry about this is other people would, and in turn avoid my house when I decide to sell because of this.

Hopefully someone at Zillow is listening and they will attempt to correct this.

Profile picture for Rita Walker
That is a very good reason to hire a professional!