How can i find a house to rent with an eviction on my credit?

the eviction is in my name but it was my mother that actually got the eviction and i'm looking for something for me and my kids but i keep getting rejected because of her
  • June 14 2013 - East Tampa
  • 2

Profile picture for zuser20150116204242616
Thank you I see that it's very hard smh I always told them not to get evictions on there credit but we no nothing and they know it all
  • March 19

No landlord will jump to rent to you if you intend to put your evicted daughters on your lease. If you can afford the rent on your own, I would leave them off of the lease as tenants and ask to put them on a guests or caretakers only.

If both daughters have been evicted at this point, you may want to reconsider asking them to handle any of your finances or tie them to your tenancy until they straighten out their own finances. If you are evicted as a result of your daughters, you will find it very hard to find a new place if things go sideways. Be careful.
  • March 17

I'm a handicap woman that has no eviction but my daughter's do I'm trying to find a house that I can find so me and my daughter's can move to they are willing to help me out because I can't do what I use to is there anything I can do to get into one ? I need help
  • March 17

Profile picture for RealEstateCrew
Its landlord by landlord type basis, just keep asking. 
  • February 24

@zuser2015....

With multiple evictions, it is going to be extremely hard to find a place to rent. A landlord is running a business and cannot afford the risk of missing rent and the cost of an eviction.     Do you have someone who can cosign for you?    Are you prepared to put six  months rent into an escrow account?

• February 24

Please I need to find a home but I have evictions
  • February 24

Thanks I have been telling my husband that Management rentals would be hard to rent, but how would I start to look for property owners? Do I look threw classified or do I start to ride around looking just like old times? 

Landlords invest a great deal of money and time in their properties. When a tenant doesnt pay the rent, it affects their bottom line drastically and they can lose their property since they still have to pay the mortgage!

This is why landlords will refuse to rent to someone who has been evicted, specially because before an eviction is final, the tenant has multiple opportunities to remedy the situation.

That being said, individual property owners ( rather than apartment complexes) are more likely to give you another chance. So if I were you, that's the direction I would go. Just make sure that you have a good employment history and can offer at least 2 months security deposit to reassure your new landlord.

Then when you move in, be an excellent tenant so that you may use the landlord for future reference to balance the eviction on your record.

As you have discovered, an eviction makes it very difficult to rent.     One way that may strengthen your position is offering an extra deposit of 2 or 3 months rent (above and beyond the normal deposit) that will be retained in a special account. 

The phrase "but it was my mother" isn't like to carry any weight with landlords because you signed a document saying you'd pay the rent  and you didn't (unless there was mistaken identity due to similar names).   If you let your mother live there you were accepting financial responsibility for her.

Good luck.

Unfortunately, renting a home may be very hard if not impossible through a property management company.  With an eviction, you are too risky for the investor or home owner to take the chance of having to go through that process again.  Your best bet would be to look for an apartment that is more lenient or for someone that is trying to rent their home out on their own and not through a rental company.