How can we, as Realtors, recruit more people into our profession?

OK, being a Realtor is once again a profession with good opportunities for those of us in the profession. How can we bring people back into Real Estate, those who may have their license, but leave it as inactive. Is there a solution that could be recommended to recruit people who could help me with so many buyers?
  • August 06 2013 - Avondale
  • 0

Profile picture for Carolyn Lyne1
As a Director of Training myself and a Broker, I know what you mean.  However, it is my experience that if these people choose to leave their license inactive when they have one, that they would not do particularly well in this market now.  This job takes determination and a presence of mind to persevere on a consistent basis, and if their mind set is to leave it inactive then I guess that is where their mind is.  I have taken to bringing in new blood straight from RE school and training them to be strong sales people in today's very different market.

Based on all the prior conversations (and my personal observations), I'd think you'd want to keep folks on the sidelines. Every time there's an influx of REAs, the incoming tide brings in a fair amount of seaweed that litters the beach...and often ends up leaving a foul smell in the air.

My problem when I started about a month ago was all the start up fees  MLS service showing service NAR fee license fee CE fee I think it is not a matter of people not wanting to be agents it is a matter of not being able to afford up front costs. Then advertising getting known and actually landing a listing or buyer in a market where every other agent has 20+ years in business.