Profile picture for daniel.judy

How could Zillow estimates for my house decrease while houses on both sides increase considerably

Please explain how you can estimate the value of my house going down over the last several months on a gradual basis while the value of the two houses on either side have increased considerably in the last couple months.  
  • July 01 2012 - Western Branch North
  • 0

When the Zestimate is calculated, it's calculating millions of homes. The algorithm doesn't see that your neighbor's data, is literally your neighbor. It's one home out of many. For example, if there are 1000 homes calculated, some will go up, and some will go down. To really compare you'd have to take a much larger sample than three homes (your house and your neighbors on either side). I'd be happy to take a look at your home. Just email me the address by clicking on my profile to send me a message.
Here is a link on our Zestimate FAQ with a lot more detail:
Zestimate FAQ