How did another agent put their info on my listing?

Last year my sellers decided to take their home off the market, and wait a bit before trying to sell again. Last week I looked the house up on Zillow, see what the current Zestimate was. Another agent had posted all of their information under this listing, stating that they are the listing agent. However, the house is NOT currently listed, by myself, or this other agent.
I emailed Zillow last Friday about this, as there seems to be some kind of ethical issue with this. No one has replied to me, and the other agent's info on this listing still states that they are actively marketing this home. Yes, I can go in myself and remove her information, but I want an answer from Zillow on this.
How are agents able to do this?
Current description on this property says "DISCLAIMER: This property may have sold. We are advertising that we are the Listing Agent in the sale of this property and are very active in marketing and selling homes in this area. Please call our office a..."

• March 04 2011 - US
  • 0

@Joanna,
That is not true. We do not put other agents listings under other agents profiles. We do have buyer's agents lists, where consumers can choose who they want to contact about the listing. The real agent is still there, either in the buyer's agent list or at the bottom of the listing. Non-paying agents are also part of the Buyer's Agent Lists There are many reasons agents end up showing at the bottom the listing (unactive profile, the broker who feeds to us does not want a buyer agent list, etc)

If an agent falsely posted a listing that was not "done" by Zillow.

Let me know if you require further clarification.

Rachel

Not sure if this is the reason but one thing that zillow says to an agent is they can buy an area.

If other realtors have listing that they have not claimed zillow then puts those listings under the Paying agents name.

Kinda like getting your own website that takes off the actual listing agents name and they all look like your listings. 

I would think the best thing to do is have an account with zillow if you have a listing and make sure you claim your listing.

Same thing happened to me untill I went in a claimed my listing. 

Hi Lei,
Please email me the property address directly. Rachelr at zillow.
We definately want to remove any false posting. To find out where it came from, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. There should be a link showing where it came from.

Profile picture for Blue Nile
You know they are not posting the listing directly on Zillow as that would cost them money; they are posting it on a syndicating site, so it is going to dozens of other sites as well.

How can they?  What is to prevent an agent from claiming they have a contract with an owner to list a property even if they don't have a contract?  There is no "authorization" code of any kind to state they have legal authority to do so, and it is the local board and the state licensing agency that needs to take actions on such abuses... but who really is going to take the time to file the official complaints?

And in many cases, the agent has no clue they are doing this syndication as they post listing in their area that are not their listings on their "company website", and the company set up the syndication that the agent has no real understanding of.  In most cases it doesn't even state "we are advertising that we are the Listing Agent" but rather "we may not be the listing agent for this property and are only referencing it for your convenience".

And since those sites are polling their local multiples for these, in creates a perpetual problem with stale listings on sites like these.

Have your owners re-claim the property and report an error with the ownership. More here..

http://www.zillow.com/wikipages/Most-Popular-Zillow-Questions/

http://www.zillow.com/wikipages/Claim-Your-Home/