Profile picture for steila

How did this specific home get its history and Zestimate removed when re-listed for sale?

Despite Zillow's claims to the contrary, it appears that real estate agents can have previous home sales and listings, as well as the Zestimate, removed from Zillow when they list a home for sale. I say this because I am staring at a listing of a home, whose history and Zestimate were available until 2 weeks ago, when the owner put the home up for sale after failing to sell it 3 years ago. Now all historical info and the estimate are blank. Can you please explain how this is possible? I'm sure others will want to avail themselves of this option. (I'm happy to provide the address and MLS number of the property if it's appropriate.)
  • August 28 2012 - Greenwood

Profile picture for Kat Nimmons
I would love to know how to wipe history.  I have one hornet of a seller furious with Zillow and thinks I'm paying Zillow to throw them under the bus.   NOPE not paying for this.  This home is incredibly clean, neat, immaculate, and has a HUGE master bedroom.  They've added custom cabinetry through out, the pantry in this home is unbelievably organized.  And deserves to show it's value as accurate with the sales price we've set.

Is it possible that when it got listed recently they created a property duplicate?    If that is the case, the Zillow id will start with a 21, and the original is probably still on the site.   Those starting with 21 don't show the listing history, but the Zestimate usually appears within a few days to weeks.     

Back in the old days, one could cheat the system and create a new property entry without a Zestimate.  Now the Zestimate tends to catch up with these duplicate entries.