Profile picture for chongchang

How do I check the current value of my condo?

I would like to check the current value of my condo.  How do I do that?  Thanks.

• February 18 2011 - Lombard

Contact your real estate agent and ask them for a competitive market analysis of your condo.  This will give you a current analysis of where you can expect to sell your condo in this market.  If you do not have an agent, contact a local agent who knows the area well.  I am very familiar with Lombard and would be happy to help.

Contact an agent and ask them for a CMA of your property.  It costs nothing, and you should be able to get a fair estimate of its' value.  If you would like help, I can help.

Marcin Talaga

Check with the management office of your building and see if there are been any recent sales of similar property or contact a couple of agents to do a CMA. There is no charge. Hire an appraiser although without a contract to refer to the agents CMA will probably be more accurate.