Profile picture for einsteinstoolbox

How do I claim my own home when someone else has already claimed it as a scammer?

My home has been posted for rent by a scammer who took the MLS info and turned it into a rental. Now I wanted to post a listing for  my own home but Zillow tells me I can't post a listing because I don't own the home and it has already been claimed. How to I tell Zillow and get them to realize that someone has hijacked my home listing and prove that I'm the real owner?

August 08 2011 - Wallhaven

Profile picture for einsteinstoolbox
"Incorrect owner claim" is not one of the options under that "report problem" button. I've already used this link muttiple times  writing descriptions of what has happened. This seems to be the only way to communicate with Zillow and with so little space given to write how am I to provide evidence that I'm the real owner. Seems like a he says she says thing. If I don't get an answer in a few days I can't seem to find any options for how to get this listing removed. People are showing up to our house everyday thinking it is vacant and want to look in the windows before deciding whether to rent it or not.

Under "edit" you can select "report problem with listing".  Once you click on that option, a choice in the drop down report will be "incorrect owner claim".