Profile picture for cab55

How do I contact Zillow about missing and incorrect lots?

Zillow data is missing for house on corner of Alvarado Row and Coronado Ave.  Here is Zillow view 

and the output from http://www.realtor.com/ which shows the corner house and the one behind it correctly from county records.

Please contact me by email and I will give details.

• March 28 2010 - Stanford
  • 0

Profile picture for cab55
I assume that realtor.com also uses 3rd party data collection companies and they have the correct properties and homes.  The missing lot on the zillow.com website has been there since 1937, so not a recent addition.  I find it strange that there is no way to report this error in the zillow database.

Profile picture for Blue Nile
Zillow pays 3rd party data collection companies that specialize in obtaining county record data for the various areas to provide the data in the format they require.

They are not equipped to upload data from individuals.  You can post it yourself with a "make me move" if you own the property.  If a real estate agent is selling it, they can post in on Zillow for free by posting it on a website that has autofeed capability.  If you want to post it for sale on Zillow yourself, you would need to pay $9.95 for 6 months of listing.  The property would remain on Zillow after posted, but still wouldn't have the county record information attached until the data collector company provides it.

Zillow doesn't ask for data on empty lots, or buildings that are not ownership units.  So, if the lot was not developed, and a house recently built, it just takes time for the county records information to work through the system, and for the data collectors to collect the data and provide it.

A house can be there for 2 years and still have no data on Zillow.