How do I contact Zillow customer service?

I paid Zillow for a sevice that I'm not receiving. How can I contact Zillow Customer Service directly?
  • February 11 2009 - South Dorchester
  • 11

Profile picture for Blue Nile
"Please change to "for sale"" -

This is a "media company" website, not a brokerage nor multiple listing service.

Owners or agents have to post or syndicate the listing... Zillow does not go "looking" for them, and doesn't have access to most of the MLS's in the nation to be able to look for them anyway.

Contact your agent to have the listing posted on the site.  If they don't know how, you can provide them this link:
http://www.zillow.com/post-real-estate-listings/

(If an owner was going to post the listing instead, they would use this link:
http://www.zillow.com/for-sale-by-owner/
)
  • July 25

Profile picture for romaxhudson
How do owners change incorrect data on zillow.com? My home when googled shows "off market" on your site. Please change to "for sale".
  • July 25

Profile picture for Blue Nile
Zillow is not an "official" source of information of any kind... it is only provided as a "convenience".   Zillow pays 3rd party data collection companies to copy the county records.  Owners and agents can change the data on the details pages too.

You are welcome to claim the details pages and revise any of the info.  Quad-level typically doesn't mean "4 stories" though, and Zillow's data base has a place for number of stories, not number of levels.  (Also remember, owner/builder laws allow owners of 2 story wood frame houses to do their own construction/remodel work without a contractor license, but if it was 3 or 4 stories, they would not be allowed to do so).

Regardless, even if you intentionally "show it wrong", any potential buyer will confirm/verify such information prior to making their offer.
  • June 25

Profile picture for cludwig45
The information you have on zillow  with my house is all wrong first of all i have a Quad level home level you state it is a one story. #2 sq is totally wrong i have close to 2000 sq and that does not include the basement. i will be placing this house on the market and need this fix acorrding to my subdivision i have one of the 5 larger home in this sub so i don't know where you get your information but it is off big time.If recorder where check with each county you would see the sq to each home.
  • June 25

Profile picture for Blue Nile
No, all the customer service people are in their Seattle Washington office.

Though it is true that many of them have English as their second language and have come to the U.S. from other countries.  You can get some clue from their profile pages and avatars.  (Click on their photo...)

As for why it is so much less than 2002, and other nearby sales, you need to examine the sold price history and the property tax history that shows on the home details page, and the same for other properties you think are similar.  The "answer" is usually there, as Zillow's methodology heavily weights both the sold price history and the property tax history.  If you "bought at a discount" due to "deferred maintenance", that is your answer.  Zillow does not factor in changes since the prior purchase, except for changes in square footage and bed & bath counts, which doesn't fully account for the full change in value.  And even with sqft changes and bed/bath count changes, those items are factored in slowly over a 2 month time frame to minimize gaming the estimates.

• June 15

Profile picture for stevenharsey
It appears to me that zillow has their customer service responders in the Philippines.  Here are my two responses from my inquiry as to why my Orange County, CA home has a zestimate 40% less than purchase new (Toll Bros) in 2002 and is only about 1/3 of current nearby sales.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about your Zestimate concerns. To begin, I would like to note that the Zestimate is an estimate derived from our proprietary algorithm. The data included in this algorithm include physical attributes, tax assessments, and prior and current transactions. The Zestimate is simply an estimate using the best information available to us. Please know that we do not intend for the Zestimate to replace a comparative market analysis as they can take into account market intricacies that the Zestimate cannot. The Zestimate is really meant to be a starting point in determining a home's value and is not an official appraisal. To learn more about the Zestimate, we encourage our users to follow this link: http://www.zillow.com/zestimate/.

Please also note that we do not directly edit or remove Zestimates. While we monitor customer feedback for systematic issues with the algorithm, we do not change individual Zestimates in response to customer feedback. We understand however, that some homes may be unique in ways that are not well captured by existing data. To provide more information on your Zestimate, we encourage you to include your estimated value in the ‘Owners Estimate' section of your property page. This provides the opportunity for you to explain what you feel your home is worth given its unique features. The following link provides further instruction on adding your owner estimate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDWoOSfBJwM&index=6&list=PL19997636F72B70D8

If you notice that your home facts are incomplete or incorrect you can also edit them by following these instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfCJ4afKRBY&list=PL19997636F72B70D8&index=2. Updates to your home facts will be factored into your home's Zestimate, however, if the updates are not significant enough to impact the home's value, your Zestimate may not change.

I hope the information I provided today was helpful in addressing your concerns; however please do not hesitate to reply to me with anything more you would like to discuss.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for using Zillow,

Jessica Velasco

NEXT RESPONSE IS NOTED BELOW

Thank you for your response.

Please be informed that Zillow does not have a phone customer service however, I am happy to assist you.

The Zestimate is created by an automated software process, designed by statisticians, and there is no ability for humans to manually alter the Zestimate for a specific property.

Thank you for using Zillow,

Jessica Velasco

Consumer Care Advocate

• June 15

Profile picture for indu7678
You have listed my house @ 3665 Yuma ln n Plymouth mn 55446 from 625 to 500 . That is complete out of line. You have no right to do this . You have to take it off and put a realistic value or just take it off the web.. Thanks for your input anyway
  • June 02

Profile picture for Jessica Velasco
Hi User01298831,

The bright red dots means for sale listing that you haven't viewed yet while the light red dot means the properties that you have already viewed.

For more information about our website, you can also visit Zillow Help Center.

Jessica Velasco.
Zillow Customer Care Advocate.
  • May 28

Does anyone here know what the Zillow Bright Red Dot on the Zillow Map means, VS, the Light Red Dot on the ZillowMap.   Some properties I am looking at have Bright Red Dots and some have Light Red Dots???       Respond to nmastri@aol.com if you know
  • May 28

@gwynetheilieen:   Zillow is not set up for phone support.   If you don't get your question answered in advice, and can't find the answer in the help center,   here's a link to the Email contact.

• May 11

Profile picture for gwynetheileen
I wish to contact Zillow by telephone.  Please advise Zillow Customer Service phone number.  Thank you.
  • May 11

Profile picture for wb3548
I have a listing that's not showing on zillow. MLS# is 6553500. Can you please update your website for that listing? Thank you!
  • April 16

@Kelly: to report the incorrect foreclosure info, open your home's page and scroll down to the foreclosure section.    Click on the flag at the top (right) and report the issue to Zillow.
  • April 05

I need to remove an listing off zillow the house no longer in florecloures
  • April 05

Profile picture for johnnshirley
there is no  contact information on my home at 1408 noble firs crt. se lacey wa. 98503. would like my phone number on add. 3604919520
  • March 30

Profile picture for fluco2wise
When I decided to look for a realtor I looked at the realtor ratings on Zillow.  I ended up choosing a 5 star realtor company (according to zillow).  My experience with the entire realtor company staff end up being terrible.  Despite my terrible experience with them, I wanted to leave a review that did not use profanity or slander the companies name.  I wanted to leave an emotionless, honest review. 

I created a review that was very clean, but it was rejected Zillow and they asked me to rewrite the review.  We went back and forth for a total of 10 edited reviews that were all rejected.  I then thought back to words from that terrible realtor, " we pay $16,000/year to use Zillow and similar websites."   Of course, Zillow would not want to have negative ratings of their beloved $16,000/year paying customers.  This experience has led me to not trust Zillow since they only allow positive ratings of their high paying realtors.

Here was my last attempted review that was rejected:

"I recently hired the The Gits Group to sell my home in the West End of Richmond, Virginia.  After the service I received, I cannot recommend them and have given them the following honest ratings."
  • March 24

Profile picture for waltj61
my home was recently placed on the market for sale by latter and Blum Realtors I contacted Zillow to let them know that it was for sale and it wasn't listed well they in turn listed it as a foreclosure thanks a lot 

• January 28

Zillow provides a place where people can advertise. Zillow is not advertising properties (any more than a paper is advertising real estate).   If the second realtor used the photos left from when you sold the property three years before, your beef is with the second agent.   In fact, your agent probably could go after the second agent for copyright issues.   Your agent should have deleted the photos when your home sold. 

"false advertisement" is misrepresenting something.   Did the old photos show something that wasn't there (besides interior contents)?   Why did the new agent chose to use the photos?     A bit slimey on the second agent's part, a bit odd on the first agent's part for leaving behind old photos.
  • January 10

Profile picture for krusesusy67
zillow- my home was sold by MY realtor. Three years later it was sold by another realtor. You used my pictures from MY realtor and posted My pictures. Isn't this False Advertisement???? I think so. I would never use Zillow! I tried several time to get a response from Zillow and never and answer. Thanks!!!!
  • January 10

"we want to bye a house from Catherine ( a home seller) in walter reed street but we don't know her phone number."

Zillow does not provide personal information about owners. If you want to contact the owner, send a letter to the address or leave a note on the door with your number.

Profile picture for gebiteka
in arlington va we want to bye a house from Catherine ( a home seller) in walter reed street but we don't know her phone number.

Profile picture for chuck1381
i have contacted customer service 3 times. response was we recieved your request and will respond. its been a weekdoesnt anyone work there. question was  how do i edit my home if i cant get to page with pic on it? this seems like a simple request.

Profile picture for TheresaPrice9
 I'm about 'this' close to hiring an attorney and suing Zillow.  Zero customer service. j A broom closet organization with no one manning the phones.  I've dialed everyone in the company directory at the 206 number, left several voicemails, probably for no good b/c likely Zillow employees are having matinees and playing golf all day.  

If I make a change to the price of my home, I cannot update the information on Zillow.  I have 'claimed my home' and can change the pictures, but not the price (?!).   Consequently, weeks, sometimes months go by; my house is listed incorrectly so I'm not getting any buyers.  Zillow is a parasitic organization, like we need more parasites in the real estate business !

Profile picture for adriaan47d

Zillow does not recognize my street 911 address given to me by the 911 coordinator.Therefor I can not claim my house.

Profile picture for Realtor408
Good luck with getting a number

Profile picture for Faye
  • FayeZillow
Hi Mark -

I've checked your listing and it's now showing active on Zillow.

Faye

Profile picture for markchurch
I think I am done with them. My sales person was all friendly when I signed up. Now she is short and abrupt. I have a listing showing that it is Pending when it is active. They tried to blame it on my office website, which shows it active. I was told to email to get this fixed. It has likely been this way for over a week. 

I just decided that I will no longer be paying for a service that costs me money every month and that I have to check for accuracy. They only have time for you when they want your money. Realtor.com here I come!

@kgts:   you can claim your home and edit the square footage.  The Zillow help center has detailed instructions.   Zillow only shows above grade square footage in their headlined numbers, below grade (even when only partially below grade and finished) is in a separate category.   What do your county records say for your home?

Profile picture for kgts
I am reading these comments in shock I really hope this is not the case! They took my homes listing form another sight and have the sq footage as 1384 when the actual sq footage is 2737 This is a huge mistake on their part and will Severely hamper the sale of my home I have called and sent emails Hope these reviews of Zillow customer service is not what I have read Pretty angry such a huge difference their mistake and could cost me potential buyers!

Anybody from Zillow out there?  I've made several attempts by EMAIL to reach customer service.  My listing 33 Williams St in salem ma isn't displaying Open House info.  Please advise!

1. 1
  2. 2