Profile picture for jcahill67

How do I contact a Zillow associate for help.

How do I contact a Zillow associate for help. I'm buying a house whose zillow facts for sqft are grossly incorrect.  They included the basement in their sqft.  This has resulted in a dramactic increase in the zestimate.  Anyway, I've contacted the listing agent who does not know how to change this.  She believes that it is inmported through the MRIS which she has changed to reflect the correct sqft.  However, it is still not reflected in zillow.  The reason that this is an issue to me is that I have a short sale contract on this house and that the bank is reviewing and I don't want a high BPO/appraisal that might come in from someone who used zillow to get an initial estimate.  Please Help.
  • June 17 2010 - Burke
  • 0

The square feet information on Zillow come from the county assessor's offices in most locations (or similar government office)   Corrections can happen to square footage in two ways:   Someone stopping by the county office and getting it corrected (the owner must do this), or the person who has claimed the house can also do some corrections.    You can flag the property to express concern (use the little grey flag), but Zillow can't make changes that aren't available from the government office with the information.

Banks do not use Zestimates as appraisals.